Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Palestinian villages attacked by settlers after West Bank killing

Must Read

Noah Fisher
After serving as a lead author in leading magazines, Noah Fisher planned to launch its own venture as DailyResearchEditor. With a decade-long work experience in the media and passion in technology and gadgets, he founded this website. Fisher now enjoys writing on research-based topics. When he’s not hunched over the keyboard, Fisher spends his time engulfed in critical matters of the society. Email:info@dailyresearcheditor.com
- Advertisement -

According to Palestinian officials, Jewish settlers stormed multiple towns in the occupied West Bank, damaging homes and automobiles and assaulting at least two Palestinians.

The attacks come a day after Palestinian gunmen in the region killed an Israeli man in a shooting ambush.

The killing of settler Yehuda Dimentman, who was slain late Thursday in the occupied West Bank when gunmen opened fire on his car near an illegal settlement outpost, threatened to rekindle tensions between Palestinians and Israeli settlers.

- Advertisement -

On Thursday, two more passengers in Dimentman’s vehicle were lightly injured.

Ghassan Daghlas, a Palestinian Authority officer in charge of settlement monitoring, claimed settlers broke into several Palestinian communities near Nablus early on Friday, damaging cars and homes. Two Palestinians were injured and rushed to the hospital.

According to Daghlas, settlers broke into one house in the Palestinian town of Qaryout and attempted to kidnap a resident, Wael Miqbel.

- Advertisement -

Miqbel was seen with bruises and swelling over his face on social media, while other videos and photographs posted online depicted clashes between armed Israelis and Palestinian civilians.

Jihad Salah, the head of Burqa village council in northwestern Nablus, told Anadolu Agency that Israelis assaulted the village with guns.

They also set fire to the village’s barracks and stoned a number of Palestinian homes, according to him.

Settlers stormed Sebastia village in north Nablus, destroying a number of Palestinian-owned automobiles and a car maintenance company, according to the Palestinian Wafa news agency.

Israeli politicians have promised to find the perpetrators of Thursday’s shooting, and the army has sent more troops to the area.

At least three males from Burqa were captured in nocturnal raids, according to Wafa. The army said the manhunt for the Palestinian gunmen was still underway on Friday, but provided no new details.

After leaving a Jewish seminary in the illegal outpost of Homesh, a former settlement evacuated as part of Israel’s pullout from the Gaza Strip in 2005, Dimentman’s automobile was shot at.

The latest attacks come as Israeli-Palestinian violence has increased across the occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem.

An ultra-Orthodox Jew was stabbed by a Palestinian attacker outside the walls of Jerusalem’s Old City earlier this month, leaving him badly injured.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

Latest News

NATO sends reinforcements to Eastern Europe as Russia tensions increase

NATO announced that it was putting soldiers on standby and bolstering Eastern Europe with extra ships and fighter jets.
- Advertisement -

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -